What better time for getting away from it all just the two of you after a packed and stressful run up to Chistmas, New year and the entertaining of the children in the school holidays?
January and February are ideal times to visit the Lake District and enjoy some quality time together and to take advantage of hotel offers that are so widely available. Langdale is an excellent choice of destination for a complete and relaxing getaway.
There is plenty for couples to do whilst visiting the Langdale Valley:
1. Take a stroll around Blea Tarn and gaze at the Langdale Dale Pikes. It may just inspire you to actually walk them the next day! Either level of walking, there are plenty of routes in the Langdale area. Remember too, Fresh Air is Free!
2. Hire an electric car for a hour or 2 and drive over the Wrynose and Hardnott Passes, the steepest roads in England. Great views can be had no matter where you look and is such a peaceful way in which to travel.
3. Have a trip over to Grizedale Forest and either cycle around the well signposted routes or walk them and look out for the sculptures hiding in and around the forest.
4. Museums galore if that’s your thing nearby including Hill Top, Beatrix Potter’s home and The Ruskin Museum.
5. Well and truly relax and unwind with a spectacular spa day or half day. The Langdale Spa has a swimming pool, sauna and steam room as well as treatment rooms for all the spa treatments you’d expect from a luxury facility. Treatments for men and women and there’s not a man yet that hasn’t come out feel revitalized!
In terms of accommodation there is the Langdale 4 Star Lake District Hotel as well as Brimstone Hotel, both excellent choices of places to stay for couples. Being able to take advantage of the everything at the resort like their restaurants and bars and they hire out electric cars too. Join the Langdale Fan Club and save 15% on all room rates when booking 30 days or more in advance. For more information visit http://www.langdale.co.uk/#fanclub